Are you ready to start your blog, but you’re stuck on what blogging platform to use? Well, keep reading. In this short article, we’ll walk you through how to pick the best blogging platform for your blog, and why it’s so important to start a blog.
There are various reasons why most people decide to start a blog, maybe your’s are different, maybe you want to establish a brand, create a following, or share ideas on different subjects. If the thought of creating a blog ever crossed your mind, but you weren’t sure where to start, in this article, we reviewed the top 10 different blogging platforms and blog sites you can choose from to start your blog in 2022.
Can I actually make money blogging? Yes, blogging has come to stay. There are more than 30 million blog sites in the united states alone. and there are still new ones that are being created daily.
What Is A Blogging Platform?
A blogging platform is a service or software used to manage and publish posts, ideas, or content on the internet in the form of a blog. It makes things easier to do what you want to do when it comes to blogging such as: customing your blog page the exact way you want, adding the color you like, writing what you want, displaying what you want to show, and much more.
Keep that in mind… Without a blogging platform, it would never be so easy!
How Do You Choose the Best Blogging Platform?
The very first step to creating a successful blog site is choosing the perfect blogging platform. but, keep in mind different bloggers have different needs, and different blog platforms are good for different things so, therefore, choosing the best blogging platform for your need can very tough. However, this article will help you make a better choice by reviewing the best blogging platforms.
Here’s A List of The Top 10 Best blogging platforms. Our top picks are:
WordPress.org is the most popular content management system on the internet, with over 30 million websites powered to date and over 450 websites developed daily. Out of all the different blogging platforms, the best platform you can use to make money is WordPress.
Founded in 2003, WordPress is the fastest growing CMS, and If you want to have full control of your blog, you should consider WordPress as your preferred blogging platform. WordPress powers more than 35% of websites as their Content Management System.
My team uses WordPress for our websites because of the amount of flexibility the platform gives us. We have access to various theme, plugins, and extensions, and much more
How to Start with a WordPress.org?
To get your blog up and running you need 2 things: A blogging platform (Like WordPress) and blog hosting (You must have a blog host in order to have a blog).
A blog host is a company that stores all of the files for your blog (Posts, images, videos, texts, and more) and delivers them to the user when they type in your blog name (www.yourBlogName.com).
There are plenty of hosting providers, but the web host I recommend is BlueHost, they make it extremely easy for new bloggers to host their WordPress blog, and I also recommend it for the following reasons:
- They will register your custom domain name for you for free, and make sure no one else can take it.
- They have helpful 24/7 customer service via phone or webchat.
- They have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for whatever reason.
- They offer a free and 1 click automatic installation of the WordPress blogging platform
- They offer trusted and reliable web hosting that has been recommended by WordPress since 2005 and currently hosts over 3 million blogs and websites.
Install WordPress through BlueHost and get your blog up and running for as low as $2.75 per month.
What Are The Pros And Cons of WordPress.org?
- Large developer community.
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- WordPress gives you complete control over every aspect of your website.
- SEO friendly and highly customizable.
- Social media-friendly.
- Mobile responsive themes.
- Easy installation.
- Great designs with free themes.
- Backup and performance are the users’ responsibility.
- Users manage security. Security breaches may come from malware embedded in the plugins.
Running a WordPress blog requires a domain name and a hosting plan. But besides that, WordPress is completely free.
Constant Contact Website Builder is an excellent platform founded in 1995. It has a straightforward interface. It’s an AI-powered website builder that makes it easy to create an online platform (blog, website, eCommerce store). It’s easy to use with drag-and-drop customization tools.
Constant Contact also has a custom logo maker, plus a stock photo library of over 550,000 free professional-quality images and other amazing features.
What makes this platform special?
It has a unique tool for email marketing. With this blogging solution, you can create email marketing campaigns like a pro with easy-to-use tools.
Constant Contact can be integrated with WordPress (and other platforms) using a special plugin. With this integration, you can manage email marketing from the WordPress dashboard.
Constant Contact Pros
- ts free version also offers the addition of an unlimited number of pages
- It’s smooth to set up with no need for technical skills.
- Getting started with Constant Contact is not complicated because they take care of the hosting and other necessary features.
- You can start using it for free, and this gives users the privilege to try out the service before subscribing.
- Paid plans come with a domain name and SSL certificates.
Constant Contact Cons
- Constant Contact does not provide a lot of third-party plugins.
- It can be challenging tough to move your website from Constant Contact to another platform.
- Constant contact is not so impressive in its design department.
- SEO support is not great.
Constant Contact Free Plan:
- Generic domain name.
- The platform’s ads.
- Boundless storage.
- List 3 products for sale.
- 3% store transaction fees.
- 24/7 email & chat.
Constant Contact Starter Plan:
- $6/month with a free domain name for 1 year plus no website ads.
- Unrestrained storage and phone support.
- List 10 products for sale & 3%store transaction fees.
Constant Contact Business Plus:
- Right for online stores.
- $14/month – free domain name for 12 months & no website ads.
- Unrestricted storage and priority support.
- Limitless products for sale and no transaction fees.
Constant Contact is one of the closest WordPress alternatives. It offers excellent features at affordable rates.
You can try creating your blog on Constant Contact for free.
It’s a good fit for building both blogs and business websites. It takes a website vs. blog design differences into consideration.
Wix ADI is an artificial design intelligence used to auto-create a customizable website. It makes learning how to create a blog painless. Wix editor and ADI make it effortless to get started. With Wix editor, you can choose an already made template to design your blog.
- Wix drag and drop tools make the platform very easy for beginners to get started.
- You can start with Wix for free.
- Easy to customize. There are templates and third-party apps that make building with Wix a great experience.
- Does not allow users to move or transfer to another host.
- Not as SEO-friendly as WordPress.org.
- The free Plan comes with branding, ads, and subdomain (https://yourusername.wixsite.com)
- Free plan has no eCommerce feature.
- Once you choose a template, you’re stuck with it forever. It can’t be changed.
- There are not enough free third-party apps.
- The free plan does not provide users with enough storage or bandwidth.
Wix has free and paid packages. With the paid plans, you have everything under one “roof” – hosting, eCommerce, apps, themes, and customer support.
Wix offers a free plan. However, for advanced features like a free domain name, unlimited bandwidth, etc., you have to register for a paid plan, starting from $13 per month.
Squarespace is a subscription-based, all-in-one blogging service. It’s very popular among businesses that require a store page along with blogging. So if you want to build an eCommerce business blog Squarespace is perfect for you. It started in 2003.
It gives users a full customize option to build the perfect blogging website according to your requirement. Squarespace does not require any technical work or professional coding knowledge.
It’s easy to use the Squarespace platform, and this is due to their drag-and-drop tools. It provides everything- custom domain, hosting, themes, templates, CMS, eCommerce, and support. Which gives it the power to compete with some of the best blogging platforms to make money.
- Professional-looking templates with proper editing tools. Content editing is fun on this platform.
- Simple and easy to use for beginners.
- has a tremendous analytic system and dashboard
- It has in-built SSL encryption
- You can make money with the eCommerce features.
- The personal plan comes with limited features – few pages and contributors.
- There is no auto-save option in the editor.
- Squarespace does not have a lot of third-party apps.
- Features are not diversified.
Squarespace offers four pricing plans:
- Personal Plan: $12
- Business Plan: $18
- Basic Commerce: $26 per month
- Advanced Commerce: $40
- You can try blogging on Squarespace with a free trial
HostGator is a popular web hosting company. It’s easy to use with a drag-and-drop editor. Templates are categorized by industries, so choosing a template is made a lot easier.
- Effective customer support- live chat, phone, and email.
- Great tutorials that help people get started.
- It’s an all-in-one solution.
- Plans come with domain and SSL certificates.
- Backup and security are handled by the platform.
- Customization is easy with design tools.
- There is no free package.
- There are a narrow number of apps and extensions.
- Not every plan has eCommerce features. It’s limited to the higher plan.
Gator gives 45-day money back guarantee. It has three packages:
- Starter plan: %3.84/month.
- Premium plan: $5.99/month.
- eCommerce plan: $9.22/month.
Don’t confuse WordPress.com with WordPress.org. The one major difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is:
WordPress.org – You host your own blog or website.
WordPress.com – Takes care of all of the hosting for you.
WordPress.com is a hosted platform that offers both free and premium plans. With the free plan, you have limited design options and use WordPress.com subdomain (https://yourusername.wordpress.com). To have access to customization tools, you need to upgrade to premium versions.
- It’s straightforward to use and manage.
- You can get started for free.
- A beginner can implement the features after a few minutes of reading.
- WordPress may display ads on your page.
- You don’t have total control of your blog. It belongs to WordPress.com, and they can decide to suspend it when you go against their rules.
- Not enough customization tools
- You can’t monetize your web pages by integrating ads with AdSense.
- Personal: $4/month – best for personal use.
- Premium: $8/month – ideal for freelancers.
- Business: $25/month – suitable for small businesses.
- eCommerce: $45/month – right for online stores.
Note: All the plans are billed annually.
Blogger is an all-inclusive blogging service by Google. It was founded in 1999 by Pyra labs. Google acquired it in 2003. And since then, it has experienced massive growth. It’s free to use. All you need to start blogging is a google account.
Blogger is easy to set up – pick a title, domain name, and template, and you’re good to go. You can use the theme editor and coder editor to customize your designs. It’s one of the most uncomplicated website builders.
- It’s free and easy to set up without tech skills.
- They take care of the hosting, security, and maintenance.
- A giant tech company owns it 9 (Google).
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Mobile-compatible templates.
- Other Google software, such as Google Drive, are integrated with Blogger.
- The comment section has an anti-spam feature.
- Limited blogging tools.
- Ads will be displayed on your blogs.
- Few themes (limits design options)
- New features or updates are not released frequently. Because of this, users outgrow the platform, and switch to other blogging platforms.
- Third-party templates are not always suitable.
- Users can easily be suspended or have their accounts cancelled.
Blogger is completely free.
Tumblr is a microblogging platform with social networking capabilities such as built-in sharing tools, following other blogs, reblogging, sharing short-form content & images, videos, and many more. It is easy to use, and it is excellent for beginners. With this platform, you can build a very visual blog. Tumblr is one of the Blogger alternatives. You can make your blog more professional by purchasing a custom domain name. You can also make it colorful by adding third-party themes and apps.
- Tumblr is free. It goes with.
- You use your custom domain name.
- Social media integration. It allows you to follow other blogs.
- It has customization features, and it’s easy to set up.
- Monetization is difficult with this platform.
- It’s hard to migrate Tumblr blog to another platform.
- There are not many design options.
Tumblr is free to use.
Medium is very different from any other blogging platform on the internet. It’s more like a community-based blogging platform. It functions very similar to a social networking site but strictly for bloggers. Medium is a self-hosted blogging platform and has already established a very large audience.
- Easy to set up.
- It helps you reach a large online community.
- Free traffic to your contents
- Medium does not give you total control of your blog.
- Custom domain is not allowed on Medium.
- There is no room for branding.
- Medium owns your audience.
- It lacks monetization features.
Medium is free. All you need to do is create an account and start blogging.
How Do Beginner Blogs Make Money?
it’s very easy for new bloggers to make money blogging. First and foremost you need to understand the basics of making money online. The majority of blog sites on the internet are either selling products/services or referring users to someone else’s products or services for a commission. If you don’t have anything to sell on your blog (product or service), you need to refer your users or audience to someone else products or services for a commission (affiliate marketing). Secondly, the amazing content key, you need to be able to create amazing (Posts or content) that will convince your readers to take action. Furthermore, you need to be able to drive a lot of traffic to your content.
If you really want to make money online blogging, the followings are very important:
- Create An Email List (9 best email marketing services)
- Use The Best Social Media Tools (7 Must-have Social Media Tools)
- Monetize your blog with Google Adsense
- Understand The Power of SEO (The best SEO tools to optimize your content
- Add affiliate links to your blog posts (5 Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing)
- Understand the basic of making money blogging
Our Pick for the Best Blogging Platform To Make Money
The most powerful, flexible, affordable, and easy to use out of all the available blogging platforms is WordPress.org, it outperforms all other blogging sites, in our opinion. To get started, I recommend you install WordPress through Bluehost web hosting.
If you ready to start your very own WordPress site, we would love to help. Read this guide on how to start a blog fast and easy. Our second pick is Constant Contact Website Builder, followed by Wix. Both are reliable WordPress alternatives.
The following essential features are what you should always look for in a blogging platform.
- Easy to Use.
- Customization Tools.
- Monetization Tools.
- Strong SEO capability
- Knowledge Base.
- Customer Support.
- Easy to Migrate to Another Platform.
Quick Recap Of Our Top 10 Best blogging platforms
- WordPress.org – Best Blogging Platform To Make Money
- Constant Contact Website Builder
- Wix – All In One blogging platform for beginners
- Square space – Best paid blogging platform
That’s a Wrap
That concludes my list of the best blogging platforms to make money in 2021.
If you really looking to make money blogging, you should go with WordPress.org (#1 on the list) the best blog platform to make money. If you are starting a blog just for fun, and you have no intentions to make money as a beginner, go with any other blogging platform n the list. We hope this article helped you choose the best blogging platform for your blog. You may also want to visit the learning center on our home page for more helpful articles like this.