Looking to Improve Your Social Media Profiles, in this article, you’ll learn a few social media marketing tips you can use to enhance your social media strategy in one hour or less.
What is social media marketing? Well, social media marketing is the use of different social platforms to promote a business, brand, product, or service. We all can agree that social media has become one of the most excellent marketing tools for business or brand in the past couple of years.
So whether you’re a business owner, or a brand, if you’re serious about growing your social presence, take the next 15 minutes of your time to go over a few short social media marketing tips you can implement today to keep growing your business/brand.
To make things a little easier for you, I did some research and put together a list of the top 10 social media platforms in 2020. Some will be familiar to you, and others might be foreign to you. But, remember, you don’t have to be every social media platform.
Here are my top 10 social media platforms, along with marketing tips, and ideas you can implement to start growing right away.
1.- Facebook Marketing Tips
Facebook is the world’s largest social media platform, with almost a third of the world population using it every month that is more than 3 billion people. There are more than 60 million businesses using Facebook Pages and more than five million advertisers promoting their business on Facebook actively, so you should consider having a presence on the world’s largest social platform.
- Create your Facebook Business Page
- Add your brand images
- Complete your Page bio
- Create your Facebook username (aka your vanity URL)
- Add a call-to-action button that leads back to your website
- Review your Facebook Page settings
- Create your first Facebook post (a.k.a. status post)
- Include the phone number and address in your Facebook page
- Create and schedule posts for at 30 days – I often use Canva to create images for Facebook
- Post On your page at least twice a day
- Check your Facebook Insight at least once a week to see which contents are your best performers, and use that information to create similar ones.
- Join relevant groups that are in your industry
2.- YouTube Marketing Tips
YouTube is the second most prominent social media platform in the world, YouTube (owned by Google) it’s considered to be the second-largest search engine after Google.
YouTube is a video-sharing platform with 2+ billion users. People watch more than a billion hours of videos every day on YouTube. It’s straightforward to get started with Youtube, and you can create a channel for your brand where you can upload videos, build a following and monetize your following (subscribers), which can equate to more revenue for your business.
If you already have a Youtube channel or you’re serious about getting one, I would recommend reading up on YouTube SEO.)
- Before you do anything, open a Brand Account on Google.
- Create a YouTube channel for your brand.
- Fill out the About Us page.
- Use channel keyword tags under Advanced Settings.
- Update your channel trailer.
- Publish long from videos, length between 10-30 minutes.
- Create playlists that enhance watch time.
- Learn from your favorite channels.
- Optimize your videos for SEO to get views.
- Create an upload schedule and stick to it.
- Use tools like VidIQ and TubeBuddy to rank and track your video. marketing efforts.
3.- Instagram Marketing Tips
Instagram is a social media app platform that allows users to share content such as photos, videos, stories, and live videos. If you’re interested in longer from videos, you can use their IGTV feature.
- Optimize your Instagram account by switching to a business page
- Use a profile tracking link
- Find Popular Hashtags in Your industry and use them in your posts
- Follow industry-relevant accounts
- Build a thoughtful content calendar.
- Invest in a powerful Instagram marketing & analytics solution like Tailwind
- Post On your Instagram page at least once a day
- Get Shout Outs From Others
- Use Hashtags In The Comment Section
- Run Instagram Contests
4.- Pinterest Marketing Tips
Pinterest is not a social platform where engagement is the primary focus, it’s a place where most people go to get ideas, discover new things, and be inspired. According to Pinterest, more than 70 percent of users say that content on Pinterest from brands are useful (that is higher than most other social sites). This gives your brand a unique opportunity to shape their purchasing decisions.
- Ensure you have a Business account
- Fill in all your business details on your profile
- Create various boards with keywords in the title tags related to your industry
- Use the description to spread your ideas
- Create vertical images to maximize your reach
- When uploading a pin, add relevant links back to your blog or website
- Embed pins on your blog
5.- Twitter Marketing Tips
Twitter is one of the top social media sites for receiving real-time information on news, politics, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Choose a Twitter “Handle”
- Use Your Logo as Your Profile Picture
- Create a brand-centric Profile. …
- Interact and Respond. …
- Become a Good Listener. …
- Keep Tweets Short. …
- Tweet at least once a day
- Retweet and Mention Others. …
- Create a Content Plan and whenever you get the chance link back to your website.
7.- WhatsApp Marketing Tips
WhatsApp is one the most popular messaging app in the world, it’s used by people in over 180 countries. People were only using WhatsApp to communicate with their friends and family. But now a lot of people started interacting with businesses via WhatsApp.
- Download the WhatsApp for business
- Use profile picture to brand yourself/business
- Set up automated messages for your customers
- Use Status to promote your message
8.- Messenger Marketing Tips
Messenger used to be a messaging feature inside of Facebook, but things have changed, it is now a standalone app with plenty of great features. You can now advertise your business on Messenger, create chatbots, send out newsletters, and more on Messenger.
- Signup with Chatbot service like ManyChats to automate your messenger marketing
- Develop a Character for Your Messenger Bot
- Segment and Personalize Content Delivery
- Combine Your Messenger Bot With Facebook Live Comments
- Use the Send Message Button to Deliver Offers From Facebook Ads
- Deliver Event Reminders
9.- TikTok Marketing Tips
Tik Tok (it is also known as Douyin in China) is a music video social network on the rise. In the first quarter of 2018, it was the world’s most downloaded app beating Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. The best way I can describe the platform is that it looks like Instagram for music video. So if your business or brand is more on the music side, or if you want to promote your business or brand using video, you should consider TikTok if you’re not already using it.
- Create your brands’ own channel and upload videos relevant to your business.
- Optimize your content across the Tik Tok search engine using hashtags.
- Utilize influencers to open your content to a much broader (but well-targeted) audience.
10.- Snapchat Marketing Tip
Snapchat is a social media app platform that focuses on sharing short videos and photos (as known as snaps) between friends.
- Post to your story often
- Promote your Snapchat account on other marketing channels
- Offer discounts and promo codes
- Let social influencers take over your account
- Feature user-generated content
- Create a sponsored lens
- Take over another account
- Provide exclusive access
- Reply to your followers
- Promote an upcoming event
- Drive traffic to your website
- Inform your followers about an important milestone
Over to you: Are You Ready To Grow Your Social Following?
Business owners and brands find a lot of success with social media marketing. Therefore, my goal is to provide you with the must-have social media marketing tools, tips, and ideas to help you effectively promote your business/brand on social media.
Here are a few marketing tools that will give you an unfair advantage in your social media marketing campaigns:
- We use Tailwind to schedule our Instagram and Pinterest posts
- We use Buffer to schedule content for all our other social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc..
- We use Canva to create beautiful graphics for our social post without having any graphic design experience.
- We use VidiQ and TubeBuddy to get more views, more subscribers, and grow our YouTube channels. If you want to dive deep into YouTube Marketing read this article on the 9 Best YouTube Marketing Tools to Get More Subscribers and Even More Views
- We use Clickfunnel to turn our social traffic into leads. (best way to start generating Leads)
Last but not least, keep in mind you don’t own your social media platform, you can get banned, suspended, or cancel at any time. Therefore, always put your primary focus on the online assets that you actually own, which are your website, and your email list.
If you don’t already have a website yet read this article on how to create a website from scratch in 2020. Also, start building your email list with a platform like Active Campaign if you have not started yet.
That’s all for now! It’s time for you to go, and implement what you learned today, remember Knowledge is power but without action is useless.