There are a lot of different things to consider when trying to figure out how much it costs to start a website. There is the cost of domain registration, hosting fees, and web design. You also have to think about what type of site you want and whether or not you’re going with WordPress. It can be hard deciding where the best place is for your money but in this post, I will try my best to break down everything that goes into starting a website.
I know, I know… You’re doing just fine without a website.
You probably doing great on all your social media channels, people are loving you on YouTube, you’re doing great selling your services, or your products have no problem selling over on eBay, Amazon, or Etsy.
But, think about it how much better could you be doing if you had a website? Whether it’s a website for yourself or your business, in 2020 if you want to market your product or service on a larger scale, you need a website.
In fact, your visitors are looking for signals that show your organization is reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgeable. A beautiful website will not only help you build your business credibility, but it will also help you position yourself as an expert in your field.
It doesn’t matter if you run your business out of your home, or where ever, if you don’t have a website yet, now is the time to get one.
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Website
- The average cost of a website is $1,500
- The most expensive part of creating a website is the design and development costs
- A good web designer will charge anywhere from $200 to $5,000 for designing your site
- You can also hire someone with less experience who would charge around $100-$500 per hour for their time
- If you have the skills to create your own site then it could be as low as $200
- It’s important that your website has an SSL certificate so people feel confident when they’re giving out personal information like credit card numbers – this usually ranges between $150-200/year depending on what type you want
How To Create Your Own Website From Scratch
Step #1: Choose And Register A Domain Name
Before you can get your website up and running, the very first thing you’ll need is a domain name.
Your domain name will be your unique address on the internet. That address will be used by internet users when trying to find your site through their web browsers.
This website domain name is kingcine.com Yours can be anything.
It’s not expensive at all to acquire a domain name, and the price tag is usually around $14 per year. If you haven’t chosen or registered a domain name for your website yet, no worries, here are a few tips that will help you pick a great domain name:
- Let’s say you’re creating a website for yourself, then (YourName.com) can be a great option.
- Lets say the website is for a business. Your domain name should match your company name. For example: (YourCompanyName.com)
- Use a “local” domain name extension such as .de, .fr, or .ru if your goal is country-targeted visitors.
- Use a “generic” domain name extension such as .com, .net, or .org if your goal is international visitors.
If your preferred domain name is already taken, don’t stress it as much, there are a billion other possibilities that are still available.
In the next step, I will show you how to get a domain for free, in case you don’t have one yet.
Step #5: Add Essential Pages And Content
Now it’s time to plan out the structure of your website. Keep in mind Some of the pages on your site are more important than others. You should focus your time on all the essential pages before you start sharing it with the world. The reason for that is to give your visitors an idea of what your business is all about.
Who You Need to Help You:
- Web Designer & Developer – Will help develops and styles your website. Just in case you need a little bit of help, a web designer & developer can help with the overall layout of your website, make your pages attractive with the right formatting and images. Within a short few days, you can have a beautiful website up and in a matter of a short few days.
Here are a few essential website pages to have on your site are:
- Home Page – This is the first page most of your visitors will see when they visit your main URL, so therefore it should have a brief overview of who you are and what your company does
- About page – People do business with other people, so, therefore, having an about page will add a personal touch to your business, this page should give a summary of who the people are behind the company, a little bit of your company history and more.
- Contact – Your contact page should show potential clients or customers the different ways they reach out to you. It is also essential to include your phone number, email address, social media profiles, a contact form, and a physical mailing address if you have one.
- Services page (if you offer services) – Here, you can list your services. Begin the page with a brief explanation of your services before outlining them. This particular page is best for convincing your potential clients or customers how your business/services can help solve their problems.
- Shop (if you offer products) – The goal for this page is to convince your visitors to buy from you rather than your competition. So, therefore, showcasing the benefits of each product can increase your chances of success. If your website’s primary focus is selling products, I would recommend you use the Shopify web platform. Otherwise, You can install a WordPress e-commerce plugin such as WooCommerce or WP eCommerce.
- Landing Page – This is a page designed to convert visitors into leads. Most landing pages usually have a form that allows you to capture visitor information in exchange for the desired offer. I will recommend you use click funnel if you want to built high converting landing pages.
- Blog Page – A blog drives traffic and leads/sales, it is also a section of a website that provides a listing of your most recent blog posts. If you have a business website without a blog, then you are seriously missing out! The blog section of your website can be the greatest, and most affordable marketing tool.
- Testimonials – By showcasing client testimonials and positive reviews your company has received, it will help establish credibility.
- F.A.Q. – The FAQ page is your space to provide answers to visitors’ most frequently asked questions. This page will save you hours and hours answering those same questions on an individual basis.
- Terms & Conditions – This page is a must for a website. It usually outlines the “rules” the visitor of your site must agree to abide by to use your website.
Many of the web pages above will be very similar in structure – Once you learn how to create one page, you’ll find it extremely easy to create all the other pages.
Last but not least – How Much Does It Really Cost To Start A Website
Congrats, you’ve just figured out how to create a website all on your own!
When your website is up and running, you can’t expect everyone to know about it automatically. So, the next should be:
- Drive traffic to your site … Marketing For Coaches, Consultants & Professional Service Providers
For Further Reading – Here are a few extra tools and resources that will help you out on your journey:
- Best Landing Page Software
- Small Business Website Pages
- Lead generation tools
- Best Online Business Tools
- Best email marketing services
- Best online business courses for beginners
- Best platforms to create and sell online courses
- Social Media Marketing Tools
- Best SEO Softwares For Small business
- Best Online Business Ideas For Beginners
- Turn your prospects into clients in 72 hours or less (VIDEO)